Clear Creek Church
Construction of the Clear Creek Church began in 1898 and took nearly five years to complete. Built of quarried limestone from the surrounding White Hills, the little church served the local Methodist community until 1913 when the congregation built a new church closer to town. Used as a cannery during World War II, the dilapidated building was eventually donated to the Camp Verde Historical Society, whose volunteers lovingly restored it between 1975 and 1979. Today it is open occasionally for tours and is available for weddings. MAP
Heritage In Camp Verde
An early photo of the Clear Creek Church
What it looks like today
Clear Creek Cemetery
The historic Clear Creek Cemetery is located on a five-acre plot across from the Clear Creek Church. It is the final resting place for many of the area’s most noted pioneers. Wales Arnold, one of Camp Verde’s earliest white settlers, Maggie Farrell, the tortured young woman who took her own life at age 17, and Clinton Wingfield and Mac Rodgers, two young businessmen who were murdered during a botched robbery in 1899, are all buried in the cemetery. MAP
Learn more about Camp Verde’s history at our Camp Verde Historical Society Museum, located at 435 S. Main Street in the center of Downtown Camp Verde. It is home to our Visitor Center.